Hello again! Hopefully you've got plans to be outdoors today and tomorrow, Mother Nature is redeeming herself after a pretty miserable first half of the week. Sunshine rules the skies today and tomorrow with temperatures in the 70s with the Piedmont (Louisa, Fluvanna, Goochland counties) flirting with 80 at times. This morning on GMC I ran down a list of events around the area this weekend. Here are those events; please feel free to leave any I left out on the comments section.
1. The first Fridays After Five begins today on the downtown Mall @ 5:00pm in Charlottesville.
2. The Dave Matthews Band plays JPJ tonight and tomorrow starting @t 7:00pm; I've been told by some that tickets are still available but am not positively sure.
3. Earth Day Eco-Fair Saturday from 10am-5pm in front of the Charlottesville Pavilion.
4. Monticello's Spring Wildflower Walk Saturday @ 9:30am; a three-hour walking tour of the gardens of the Jefferson estate.
5. UVa Spring Football Game, Saturday @ 2:00pm, Scott Stadium
6. Charlottesville Marathon / Half-marathon, Saturday morning around sunrise
7. Saturday marks the beginning of historic garden week in Virginia
Last but not least, many area schools are holding their proms this weekend. Those of you who are going, have fun and please stay safe!
Have a marvelous weekend! Catch Brantley Ussery on Saturday and me on Sunday as we keep tabs on more rain heading to the region early next week.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or email@example.com.