August 19, 2011
Community Counts gives you a chance to learn more about the people and the organizations that have a positive impact on our community. This week we feature Library Card Sign-up Month.
John Halliday, from the Jefferson-Madison Regional Library, joined CBS19's Bo Sykes to talk more about Library Card Sign-up Month, which is September.
Observed since 1987, this is a time when the American Library Association and libraries across the country remind parents that a library card is the most important school supply of all. Library cards are FREE and bring you a world of opportunity, no matter what your age.
To download a library card sign-up form, click here.
Here are all the wonderful things that you can do with a JMRL library card:
- Borrow books and audiobooks
- Download audiobooks and eBooks
- Borrow DVDs and video tapes
- Check out music CDs
- Access online databases that the library subscribes to
- Use the internet in all branches of the library system
- Use computer word processing in all branches
- Place books on hold