Charlottesville Newsplex/Brown Auto “3-DEGREE GUARANTEE” OFFICIAL RULES
1. Beginning on, or about, September 1, 2011, persons wanting to register for the “3-Degree Guarantee” contest prizes can register at Brown Auto Locations (Honda, Toyota, Subaru, Jeep, Dodge, Chrysler, and Mercedes). Contest registration ends on, or about, August 31, 2012.
2. To enter, contestants must be 18 years of age and live in the Charlottesville television viewing area, including Albemarle, Greene, Fluvanna, Orange, Nelson, Buckingham, and Louisa Counties. Persons in any of the following categories are not eligible to participate or win a prize: (a) a person who, since January 1, 2009, has been an employee or agent of any Brown Auto dealership or entity, Charlottesville Newsplex or Gray Television, or their parent companies, affiliates, or subsidiaries; or the service agencies or independent contractors of any of the above organizations; (b) individual engaged in the development of the production or distribution of materials for, or the implementation of this contest; and (c) employees of, persons in the immediate family of, or persons living in the same household as any person in any of the preceding categories.
3. By submitting a contest registration form, contestant agrees to the use of his/her name and/or likeness on Charlottesville Newsplex broadcasts or materials for any purpose Charlottesville Newsplex sees fit, including promotion of “3-Degree Guarantee.”
4. By submitting a contest registration form, contestant releases and agrees to hold harmless Charlottesville Newsplex, Gray Television, Brown Auto, their respective parent companies, distributors, affiliates, and subsidiaries, and the service agencies and independent contractors of any of the above organizations; and their respective directors, officers, employees, and agencies, including advertising and promotion agencies, from any and all liability for any injuries included but not limited to, personal injury, bodily injury (including, without limitation, wrongful death), property damage, or loss of damage of any kind arising in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from delivery/non-delivery, acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of the prize or from participation in this contest. Winners agree to accept any prize as is, with all faults; sponsor makes no warranties, expressed or implied, as to the quality or condition of the prizes and expressly disclaims any warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
5. Charlottesville Newsplex’s Good Morning Charlottesville newscasts will feature a daily segment, for the duration of the contest, during which Charlottesville Newsplex on-air talent will give a “guaranteed” high temperature, for a location determined by Charlottesville Newsplex, for that day, with the guarantee being solely and exclusively linked to this contest.
6. If a daily “guaranteed” high temperature is not within three degrees, once that day’s high temperature has been reached and recorded, a daily winner will be announced the following day on Good Morning Charlottesville.
7. All decisions regarding the location of temperature reading and recording are at the sole discretion of Charlottesville Newsplex and are final.
8. Daily winners will be drawn at random from all entries received. Daily winners’ entry forms will be used in a random drawing for a prize to be given monthly for the duration of the contest. Monthly prizes are intended to be gift certificates for a premium oil change at a Brown Auto dealership, but are not guaranteed to be of any promised value, brand name, or other distinguishing character. Monthly prizes given are at the sole discretion of Charlottesville Newsplex and Brown Auto.
9. All monthly winners will be invited to a Brown Auto dealership to compete with and/or against other monthly winners for a quarterly special contest to win cash. A trivia contest will be conducted and give each contestant an equal opportunity to win. Contestants can win up to $500 in cash and a donation of up to $250 to the charity of their choice.
10. Specific parameters and rules of the trivia contest will be explained to contestestant on site before the contests begins.
11. All monthly winners who agree to participate in the trivia contets, with the possibility of winning cash, must agree to the parameters of the contest at the time the contest is conducted.