May 16, 2012
The Paramount Theater is gearing up for the live finale of the "Paramount Idol" singing competition. The panel of celebrity judges for the contest has been announced.
1) Bruce Flohr: One of the industry's leading A&R executives and musical artist managers for 20 years. Bruce began his career as head of Alternative Promotion at RCA Records, where he guided the careers of Stone Roses, The Charlatans, Love and Rockets, and the Cowboy Junkies among many other major artists. He then moved into a dual A&R / Marketing position at RCA and signed Dave Matthews Band in 1992, as well as Foo Fighters, Lit, Hum and many others. In 2002 Bruce joined Dave Matthews and Coran Capshaw as a key member of Red Light Management and ATO Records.
2) Maxine Jones: One of the founding members and lead singers of multi-platinum selling R&B group En Vogue. The group has won seven MTV Video Music Awards, more than any other female group in MTV history. They've also won four Soul Train Awards, six American Music Awards, and seven Grammy nominations.
3) Andy Waldeck: Warner Brothers and Giant Records recording artist Andy Waldeck's critically acclaimed CD "Chronicle Kings" was released with the group Earth to Andy, and has been featured on radio and in highly rated network TV shows Charmed and Beverly Hills 90210. As an artist, Andy has shared the stage with many major acts, including Stone Temple Pilots, Live, Fuel, Stained, Everclear, and 3 Doors Down.
The final judge is you! The audience will have the opportunity to vote by phone text during the show, and the audience vote will be factored into the judge's final decision.
After more than 200 singers auditioned last Saturday, ten were selected to compete in the live performances, accompanied by the band, In Full (www.infullband.com).
All participants will sing a song of their choosing "a capella style." No instruments, duets, groups, or bands will be allowed. Prizes include:
- First Place: $1,000 cash; professional consultation session with Red Light Management; professional demo recording session at The Sound recording studio.
- Second Place: $500 cash; professional demo recording session at The Sound recording studio.
- Third Place: $250 Cash; professional demo recording session at The Sound recording studio.
The live finale is Wednesday, May 23 beginning at 6 p.m. General admission tickets are only $10 and are on sale now at the Paramount website.
The competition will be hosted and emceed by our own Tara Wheeler. All proceeds from the event will benefit the nonprofit mission of The Paramount Theater and will help offset the arts education programs.
The comments sections of Newsplex.com are designed for thoughtful, intelligent conversation and debate. We want to hear from our viewers, but we only ask that you use your best judgment. E-mail is required, but will not be displayed with comment.
As a host Newsplex.com welcomes a wide spectrum of opinions. However this is a site that we host. We have a responsibility to all our readers to try to keep our comment section fair and decent. For that reason The Newsplex reserves the right to not post or to remove any comment.
If you have any ideas to improve the conversation or this section let us know. Send an e-mail to email@example.com.
powered by Disqus