October 31, 2011
Let's say you didn't plan on dressing up for Halloween, but get an invitation to a costume party you can't pass up. If you're pressed for time and need to come up with a costume quick, here are a five ideas you can make using basic household items:
1. A Highway- Dress in all black and tape yellow strips of construction paper down the front of your outfit. Attach toy cars and other road-like items and you're ready to go!
If you don't feel like tackling arts and crafts, head to your closet and get creative:
2. Gypsy: Find a funky skirt, poofy blouse, throw on chunky jewelry, scarves and headband and head out the door!
3. Tourist: Throw on your tackiest, loudest pattern shirt, tan shorts, sandals with socks, a fanny pack (if you have one), and carry a camera and map.
Lots of costumes can be made using balloons.
4. Bag of Jellybeans: Attach purple balloons to a sweatsuit in the form of grapes. Cover the outfit with a clear trash bag and cut a hole for your head.
5. Three-Headed Monster: Keep it simple by drawing faces on two balloons with a marker and attaching one balloon to each shoulder.
Hope this jogs your creative juices! Have a fun, safe, happy Halloween!
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.