October 31, 2011
Let's say you didn't plan on dressing up for Halloween, but get an invitation to a costume party you can't pass up. If you're pressed for time and need to come up with a costume quick, here are a five ideas you can make using basic household items:
1. A Highway- Dress in all black and tape yellow strips of construction paper down the front of your outfit. Attach toy cars and other road-like items and you're ready to go!
If you don't feel like tackling arts and crafts, head to your closet and get creative:
2. Gypsy: Find a funky skirt, poofy blouse, throw on chunky jewelry, scarves and headband and head out the door!
3. Tourist: Throw on your tackiest, loudest pattern shirt, tan shorts, sandals with socks, a fanny pack (if you have one), and carry a camera and map.
Lots of costumes can be made using balloons.
4. Bag of Jellybeans: Attach purple balloons to a sweatsuit in the form of grapes. Cover the outfit with a clear trash bag and cut a hole for your head.
5. Three-Headed Monster: Keep it simple by drawing faces on two balloons with a marker and attaching one balloon to each shoulder.
Hope this jogs your creative juices! Have a fun, safe, happy Halloween!