Serial Rapist Suspect In Court

October 11, 2007

The man accused of being the Charlottesville serial rapist was in court in Albemarle County Thursday morning.

Around 9 a.m. Thursday morning Nathan Antonio Washington waived his right to a preliminary hearing.

Washington appeared by video from jail for just a few moments and only said yes in repsonse to the judges questions. The 40-year-old husband and father of four is charged with a 2004 sexual assault on Webland drive in Albemarle County.

He is also faces charges for a 2002 rape in Charlottesville and prosecutors have previously said DNA evidence links him to both these crimes, but have yet to come out and conclusively say Washington can be linked to all seven assaults attributed to the serial rapist since 1997.

Washington has been locked up since his arrest on August 13th at the regional jail. Washington also has a trial date to appear for the charges he faces in Charlottesville on December 10th.


The comments sections of Newsplex.com are designed for thoughtful, intelligent conversation and debate. We want to hear from our viewers, but we ask that you follow our rules for commenting. E-mail is required to comment on a story, but it will not be displayed with your comment. For complete rules, CLICK HERE. The Newsplex reserves the right to not post or to remove any comment.
powered by Disqus
The Charlottesville Newsplex 999 2nd Street S.E. Charlottesville, VA 22902 434.242.1919 – Main 434.220.7522 - Newsroom
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 10459922 - newsplex.com/a?a=10459922