October 12, 2007
Food poisoning is likely to blame for a number of Fluvanna County High School football players who had to be carted off the field in an ambulance Friday.
It happened during their game at Western Albemarle High School on Friday.
Fluco players reportedly were doubled over in pain before the game even started.
As soon as they hit the field, players were vomiting on the field and on the sidelines.
The players reportedly ate a spaghetti dinner together before boarding a bus to Albemarle County.
Eight students were confirmed to have been taken to Martha Jefferson Hospital by ambulance.
At halftime, the game was canceled to allow the rest of the players to get home to rest.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.