A gas leak along Emmett Street forced several homes and businesses in the area to evacuate on Friday, March 11th.
It happened just after noon when a construction crew hit a high pressure gas line in the Best Buy parking lot.
About seven people living along Angus and Wayne streets were evacuated onto a city bus.
It took crews about 45 minutes to get the leak under control.
"We were very concerned about the adjoining properties, the residences, the apartment building, the Best Buy, fortunately the Best Buy property was upwind from this gas leak so they were never at risk," said Bat. Chief David Hartman of the Charlottesville Fire Department.
No one was injured. Gas crews planned to dig under the concrete to make sure no gas spread underground.