March 5, 2008
Around 6:10 p.m. Monday evening officers from the Culpeper Police Department responded to a call of shots fired and arrested an Orange man in connection to the shooting.
25-year-old Gregory Wallace of the 200 block of Byrd Street in Orange was arrested. Wallace matched the description of the suspected shooter and an officer saw in plain sight a black semi-automatic 9mm handgun in Wallace's car. He was then taken in to custody.
Police say the investigation revealed that Wallace had fired the weapon six times toward a wooded area, near an area where kids were playing on adjacent fields, and near the Culpeper Head Start program but children were not in the building during the crime.
Wallace has been charged with the following crimes:
1. Felony Possession with the Intent to Distribute a controlled substance.
2. Felony Possession of a Firearm, while possessing a controlled substance.
3. Felony Possession of a Firearm after being a convicted felon.
4. Felony Possession with the Intent to Distribute a Controlled Substance within 1,000 feet of a school.
5. Felony Discharging a Firearm within 1,000 feet of a school.
6. Misdemeanor Brandishing a Firearm.
7. Misdemeanor Recklessly Handling a Firearm to endanger life, limb, and/or property.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.