WCAV-WVAW-WAHU | Charlottesville, Virginia | News, Weather & Sports

House Fire Ruled an Accident

By: Jeremy Settle
By: Jeremy Settle

August 9, 2005

A fire that destroyed a home in Albemarle County Monday is being ruled an accident. Officials say the fire in the Raintree subdivision appeared to have started in the garage in some wiring next to an exhaust fan.

It took firefighters over five hours to put out the fire. Two firefighters suffered heat exhaustion and one woman inside was treated for stress-induced symptoms. Everything inside the home was a total loss.


The Charlottesville Newsplex 999 2nd Street S.E. Charlottesville, VA 22902 434.242.1919 – Main 434.220.7522 - Newsroom
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 1663336