WCAV WVAW WAHU | Charlottesville, Virginia | News, Weather & Sports Newsplex

Fires Breakout in Charlottesville and Albemarle County

By: Venton D. Blandin
By: Venton D. Blandin

November 13, 2005

It was an intense night for one Charlottesville family as a fire ripped through their kitchen.

It happened around 7:00 p.m. on Orangedale Drive when food left cooking on a stove caused a grease fire.

The family managed to get the flames out before crews arrived. A dog inside the home was placed outside until the fire was put out.

Firefighters made sure the flames were out throughout the home, and brought in fans to ventilate the home.

No one was hurt.

A similar situation occurred in Albemarle County just minutes later. This time, eggs were left on a stove inside an apartment along the 2200 block of Commonwealth Drive.

Firefighters managed to quickly put out the flames, and the complex was evacuated as a percaution. No injuries occured in this incident either.


The Charlottesville Newsplex 999 2nd Street S.E. Charlottesville, VA 22902 434.242.1919 – Main 434.220.7522 - Newsroom
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 1965557 - newsplex.com/a?a=1965557