September 8, 2013
MARION, Va. (AP) - Virginia State Police say a fire that killed a 2-year-old Smyth County girl has been ruled accidental.
State police tell media outlets that human error contributed to the fire at an apartment complex. No other details have been released.
The fire occurred last week at Country Club Crossing Apartments in Marion.
Police say 2-year-old Abigrail Dove Mardis was pronounced dead at the scene. Three family members were injured.
The fire began in the family's second-story apartment in one building. The fire then spread to three other apartments.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.