WCAV-WVAW-WAHU | Charlottesville, Virginia | News, Weather & Sports

High School Student Shocked In Shop Class

By: Venton D. Blandin
By: Venton D. Blandin

February 1, 2006

A student in Albemarle County left school early and headed to the hospital this afternoon.

Rescue crews treated a Western Albemarle High School student for electrical shock.

A member of the Western Albemarle Rescue Squad, said the student was shocked by a live wire, hanging from a piece of equipment in the school's shop class.

The student's injuries are not believed to be life-threatening, and no one else was hurt.


The Charlottesville Newsplex 999 2nd Street S.E. Charlottesville, VA 22902 434.242.1919 – Main 434.220.7522 - Newsroom
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 2240957