CO Scare at Charlottesville Store

Sept. 18, 2013

A Charlottesville business was evacuated on Wednesday morning because of a carbon monoxide scare.

Charlottesville firefighters tell CBS19, someone was using a gas-powered concrete saw inside the Hair Cuttery at the Barracks Road Shopping Center.

The exhaust from the saw resulted in high levels of carbon monoxide, a dangerous gas.

Several nearby businesses were evacuated while firefighters ventilated the building.

One person was treated for difficulty breathing, but is expected to be fine.

The comments sections of are designed for thoughtful, intelligent conversation and debate. We want to hear from our viewers, but we ask that you follow our rules for commenting. E-mail is required to comment on a story, but it will not be displayed with your comment. For complete rules, CLICK HERE. The Newsplex reserves the right to not post or to remove any comment.
powered by Disqus
The Charlottesville Newsplex 999 2nd Street S.E. Charlottesville, VA 22902 434.242.1919 – Main 434.220.7522 - Newsroom
Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 224250831 -
Gray Television, Inc.