Charlottesville Firefighters Respond to Apartment on 14th Street

Dec. 9, 2013

A basement fire broke out at about 10:30 a.m. on Monday at an apartment along 14th Street NW in Charlottesville.

University of Virginia students living in the apartment were evacuated and temporarily housed in a UVa. bus that was nearby.

Firefighters say an electrical malfunction caused the fire.

The comments sections of are designed for thoughtful, intelligent conversation and debate. We want to hear from our viewers, but we ask that you follow our rules for commenting. E-mail is required to comment on a story, but it will not be displayed with your comment. For complete rules, CLICK HERE. The Newsplex reserves the right to not post or to remove any comment.
powered by Disqus
The Charlottesville Newsplex 999 2nd Street S.E. Charlottesville, VA 22902 434.242.1919 – Main 434.220.7522 - Newsroom
Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 235080981 -
Gray Television, Inc.