March 19, 2014
Charlottesville Firefighters investigate a light haze in the auditorium of Burnley-Moran Elementary School this morning.
Firefighters responded to the school at around 8 a.m. Wednesday.
Students were put on school buses to help keep them warm and out of the rain while firefighters cleared the scene. They were then moved to the gymnasium and nearby rooms which had been deemed safe.
"The staff all pulled together. They made sure to follow the procedures that we practice every day,” Burnley-Moran Principal Dawn Locasale said. “We made sure they knew they were safe. This was a prime example of how all their practice makes it perfect."
Officials determined that the haze was from a Freon leak from a compressor unit.
No injuries have been reported.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or email@example.com.