April 26, 2014
Albemarle County fire officials say a blaze that destroyed a home on Friday began in the kitchen.
The fire happened around 1:45 p.m. Friday on the 4100-block of Clark Road in western Albemarle County. When fire crews arrived, the house was engulfed in flames.
The fire marshal's office says investigators found the gas stove in the kitchen was left on, and it appears the fire began when something on the stove was left unattended.
Damage estimates are about $112,000.
No residents or firefighters were injured in the blaze.