July 2, 2014
Officials determine the recent fire at the Harris Teeter in Crozet was caused by the inappropriate use of sparklers by a store employee.
Firefighters arrived shortly before 2 a.m. Monday morning and found heavy smoke inside the building. Fire crews worked to extinguish a fire in the service area of the store that had extended to the roof.
No one was hurt during the incident.
Officials say the fire was accidental and that there will be no criminal charges.
The Fire Marshal’s office estimates the property loss for this fire at $25,000.
The store reopened at noon on Wednesday, July 2.