Aug. 13, 2014
Changes are coming to the Charlottesville Area Transit (CAT). On August 16, CAT will implement a new service schedule.
Schedule changes include minor route alignment tweaks, frequency adjustments, and an increase in service hours.
The following changes will occur:
- Route 1 will return service to Monticello Road. The route will serve Monticello Rd. on its return trip from Piedmont Virginia Community College (PVCC). The stops on Monticello Avenue at Elliott Avenue (Northbound) and Monticello Avenue at Blenheim Avenue (Northbound) will be discontinued. Three new stops will be implemented along Monticello Rd. Route 1 will also bypass East Market Street on its return from Riverside Avenue. The bus stop at East Market Street at 18th Street NE (Westbound) will be discontinued. The stop on Chesapeake Street at 18th Street NE (Westbound) will be reinstated. The layover at PVCC will occur at the Stultz Center instead of the Main Building. When leaving the Stultz Building, the bus will travel to the Dickinson and Main Buildings. The service day will be extended from 9:30 p.m. to 10:00 p.m., Monday through Friday.
- Route 4 will extend its service day from 11:45 p.m. to 12:00 a.m. Monday through Saturday. The route will end at Willoughby Square Shopping Center instead of the UVa. Hospital. The route will also have a -5 minute time point shift at the hospital and a -10 minute time point shift at Jordan Hall.
- Route 6 will extend its service day from 11:45 p.m. to 12:00 a.m. Monday through Saturday. The route will end at Jordan Hall instead of Willoughby Square Shopping Center. The route will also have a -5 minute time point shift at Willoughby Square Shopping Center when traveling inbound towards the Downtown Transit Station.
- Route 7 will increase its frequency from every 20 minutes to every 15 minutes Monday through Saturday between the times of 6:25 a.m. and 7:40 p.m.
- Route 8 will have a -5 minute time point shift at the CVS in the Barracks Road Shopping Center. This time shift will occur when the bus is traveling outbound to the Shops at Stonefield and inbound to the Downtown Transit Station.
- Route 10 will extend its service day from 6:30 p.m. to 11:27 p.m.
On Sunday afternoons, the Free Trolley will operate every 20 to 25 minutes instead of every 45 minutes.