June 23, 2006
Here are a few important tips on how you can keep you and your family safe in the event of flooding:
1. Know your flood risk--how close are you to streams or rivers or anything that might flood?
2. Leave likely flood areas--if you are in one of those flood areas, you certainly want to be paying very close attention to the bodies of water nearest you.
3. Be cautious at night--it is too dark to be able to judge how deep any water really is.
4. Never drive into water--again, you can never judge how deep it is going to be, so never try to drive through a flooded road.
5. Leave a stalled car, if you do get it stuck on a flooded road.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.