December 8, 2006
A fire damaged a home in Albemarle County Friday afternoon. The call came in at around noon for a house fire in the 400 block of Colthurst Road.
Fire crews arrived and found flames shooting out of the attic. Investigators say sparks from the chimney set the roof on fire.
The residents were home and were able to catch the fire early. Crews put the fire out in about 30 minutes and the home is still livable. Damage is estimated between $10,000 and $12,000.
Nobody was hurt in the fire, and officials say this serves as a reminder to think about fire safety this time of year.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.