WCAV-WVAW-WAHU | Charlottesville, Virginia | News, Weather & Sports

Propane Gas Leak

By: Lisa Ferrari Email
By: Lisa Ferrari Email

One family was evacuated and a street was closed off after a gas leak Thursday afternoon.

It happened just after 2PM on Lake Drive near the Farmington Country Club in Albemarle County.

Fire marshals say a landscaping company accidentally knocked the lid off a propane gas tank, leaking the gas into the air.

It took about an hour for the fire department to clear up the spill.


The Charlottesville Newsplex 999 2nd Street S.E. Charlottesville, VA 22902 434.242.1919 – Main 434.220.7522 - Newsroom
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 4982296