House Fire Following Christmas

By: Elizabeth Donatelli Email
By: Elizabeth Donatelli Email

December 26, 2006

A family is safe, but their house isn't after an early morning fire.

Fire and Rescue crews arrived just after 7 a.m. at 6525 Dick Woods Rd. to find part of the house in flames. The fire started above the garage and burned in the master and bedroom sitting room. The family hadn't completely moved-in yet, but some belongings were already inside.

The fire did not spread, but smoke damaged the rest of the house.

"We were able to use our compressed air foam off the Crozet engine to put an early knock down on the fire, which we think has helped quite a bit in containing the fire to a limited portion of the house," said Bob Larson, Crozet Volunteer Fire Department.

Four fire departments were on scene: Charlottesville, Crozet, North Garden, and Ruckersville.


The Charlottesville Newsplex 999 2nd Street S.E. Charlottesville, VA 22902 434.242.1919 – Main 434.220.7522 - Newsroom
Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 5008216 - newsplex.com/a?a=5008216
Gray Television, Inc.