January 17, 2007
Firefighters said the first day of really cold weather for our area in quite some time may be one of the reasons behind a farmhouse fire in Albemarle County.
Albemarle County firefighters responded to a fire in the 3000 block of Boatwright Lane Wednesday morning.
The Albemarle County Fire Chief said when his crews saw fire coming from the roof near the chimney and windows.
A neighbor who dialed 911 said weather was not the only reason he got chills.
"It was chilling. It sent chills up my back. I was just thinking about what if it was my house. The guy had not been in the house too long," said Larry Richardson.
Neighbors said the owner of the home was away at work, and his dog was able to get out of the home during the fire.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or email@example.com.