January 20, 2007
The fire began a little after nine o’clock p.m. at 6960 Rockfish Valley Highway.
It took six fire departments to get the blaze under control after it began on the second floor of the home.
The person inside the house first smelled smoke, and then saw flames coming from a second floor closet.
When firefighters arrived they saw flames coming out of the roof and the walls.
One neighbor says she's never seen anything like it.
“It shocked me, I was scared and when I got up on the scene it was just fire everywhere. It was huge; it was off the whole roof. I was like ‘oh my gosh,’ I hope nobody's hurt,” said Joyce Johnson.
The home owners were not on scene, but the house was under supervision of a sitter.
The person inside and several pets were able to get out unhurt.
At this time it is unknown how much damage was done, but the structure was still standing.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.