Good Samaritan Puts Out Fire

By: Venton Blandin Email
By: Venton Blandin Email

January 25, 2007

An Albemarle County man learned what it's like to put out fires for a living.

When firefighters arrived at the scene of a fire in the 1200 block of Clifden Greene there wasn't much for them to do.

Firefighters said that was because a neighbor saw the smoke, and already kicked down the door.

The "fireman for the day" said he never thought twice about doing it.

"I mean honestly, I was just concerned that somebody was in there, so I wanted to make sure there wasn't, and if it was little we could put out the fire really easily. You know the fire wasn't that bad, so we put it out with the fire extinguisher, and I checked the rest of the apartment, and nobody was there," said Timur Akinli.

Firefighters made sure the apartment was okay, and thanked the good samaritan for his help.


The Charlottesville Newsplex 999 2nd Street S.E. Charlottesville, VA 22902 434.242.1919 – Main 434.220.7522 - Newsroom
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 5360336 - newsplex.com/a?a=5360336