March 18, 2007
An apartment fire broke out on Lewis Mountain Road in Charlottesville around 4 a.m..
Once rescuers arrived they found two unconscious people in the back of the apartment. They are listed in critical condition. A third is in fair condition at the University of Virginia Medical Center.
Two of the injuried are not affiliated with UVa, but one is an alumni.
Fire officials believe there was no smoke detector in the apartment. The duplex neighbors called 911 as their attic smoke detector went off.
Residents of Charlottesville can obtain a free smoke detector by calling the fire department at 970-3245.
The comments sections of Newsplex.com are designed for thoughtful, intelligent conversation and debate. We want to hear from our viewers, but we only ask that you use your best judgment. E-mail is required, but will not be displayed with comment.
As a host Newsplex.com welcomes a wide spectrum of opinions. However this is a site that we host. We have a responsibility to all our readers to try to keep our comment section fair and decent. For that reason The Newsplex reserves the right to not post or to remove any comment.
If you have any ideas to improve the conversation or this section let us know. Send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
powered by Disqus