September 10, 2007
A University of Virginia Dining Hall was evacuated Monday evening after a gas leak.
Officials said construction workers doing work between Alderman Rd. and Observatory Circle struck a high pressure gas line.
It took about an hour to seal the line and people were allowed back in the dining hall.
McCormick Road between Alderman and Observatory Circle was closed while crews finished the repairs.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.