Fumes At William & Mary Send Four To Hospital

September 18, 2007

Fumes at the College of William and Mary sent four people to the hospital Tuesday. It lead the college to evacuate the Campus Center building.

School spokesman Brian Whitson said the fumes came from a mixture of cleaning products being used in a kitchen. Whitson said four food service employees complained of nausea and respiratory problems and were taken to a hospital. Their condition was non-critical.

About 50 to 60 people were in the building when the fumes were detected at 9:30 a.m. The building was closed and reopened two hours later after being ventilated and tested.

The comments sections of Newsplex.com are designed for thoughtful, intelligent conversation and debate. We want to hear from our viewers, but we ask that you follow our rules for commenting. E-mail is required to comment on a story, but it will not be displayed with your comment. For complete rules, CLICK HERE. The Newsplex reserves the right to not post or to remove any comment.
powered by Disqus
The Charlottesville Newsplex 999 2nd Street S.E. Charlottesville, VA 22902 434.242.1919 – Main 434.220.7522 - Newsroom
Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 9850826 - newsplex.com/a?a=9850826
Gray Television, Inc.