Jan. 8, 2014
Albemarle County firefighters braved the cold weather Wednesday morning to put out a house fire.
Shortly after 6:30 a.m., firefighters responded to a home on Gloucester Road, off Carrsbrook Drive.
Firefighters battled a fire in the crawl space and walls on the first floor.
Everybody inside the home got out safely and nobody was hurt.
The family will be staying with neighbors and did not require assistance.
Officials say the cause of the fire is a malfunctioning heating system. The Fire Marshal’s office estimates the loss for this fire at $76,000.
The comments sections of Newsplex.com are designed for thoughtful, intelligent conversation and debate. We want to hear from our viewers, but we only ask that you use your best judgment. E-mail is required, but will not be displayed with comment.
As a host Newsplex.com welcomes a wide spectrum of opinions. However this is a site that we host. We have a responsibility to all our readers to try to keep our comment section fair and decent. For that reason The Newsplex reserves the right to not post or to remove any comment.
If you have any ideas to improve the conversation or this section let us know. Send an e-mail to email@example.com.
powered by Disqus