Jan. 29, 2014
Albemarle County property owners could be paying more in property taxes this spring.
County officials say they are mailing out 2014 reassessment notices this week, reflecting changes in property values.
The change in the Albemarle's total “Fair Market Value” base has increased by 1.28% over the 2013 base. Reassessment changes by property type are:
- Residential (less than 1 acre), up +1.98%
- Residential (1 acre to 19.99 acres), up +0.40%
- Rural (20 to 99.99 acres), down -0.14%
- Rural (100 acres and over), down -0.29%
- Commercial property, up +3.64%
- Multi-family, up +0.99%
The average annual reassessment changes for the magisterial districts are as follows:
- Rio +1.75%
- Jack Jouett +3.64 %
- Rivanna +2.85 %
- Samuel Miller +1.58 %
- Scottsville +0.27 %
- Town of Scottsville +1.49 %
- White Hall +0.49 %
Officials say the notices will be mailed by Friday, Jan. 31st.
Anyone who would like more information or who wishes a review of their assessment can contact the Office of the County Assessor at (434) 296-5856.