Jan. 3, 2014
The Albemarle County Police Department has compiled traffic statistics for the 2013 calendar year.
Compared to the 2012 calendar year, there has been a decrease in reportable crashes in Albemarle County, including those with injury and/or involving alcohol. The number of DMV reportable fatal crashes was also down in the county.
Officials say they are encouraged by these statistics and the positive trend they represent.
Traffic statistics for Albemarle County are posted below.
DMV Reportable Crashes with Injury:
- 689, 46 of which were unbelted, in 2013
- 827, 55 of which were unbelted, in 2012
DMV Reportable Alcohol-Related Crashes:
- 108 in 2013
- 139 in 2012
DMV Reportable Alcohol-Related Crashes with Injuries:
- 63 in 2013
- 71 in 2012
DMV Reportable Crashes with Fatality:
- 11, 3 of which were unbelted, in 2013
- 12, 5 of which were unbelted, in 2012
Total Crash Numbers:
- DMV Reportable - 1,634 (2013), 1,928 (2012)
- Department Reported - 678 (2013), 547 (2012)
- Crashes with No Report - 603 (2013), 657 (2012)
- Department Total - 2,915 (2013), 3,132 (2012)
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or email@example.com.