February 3, 2011
The Albemarle Sheriff's Office decided to place an emphasis on locating fugitives that were wanted by the Albemarle County Circuit Court. These were fugitives, for the most part, that capiases had been issued for their arrest by the Albemarle Circuit Court Judge for probation violations and failure to appear.
All of the subjects had various underlining charges that had caused them to previously come in contact with the court. During the months of December and January, several officers concentrated on developing information on a list of wanted subjects. The deputies located and took the fugitives into custody or provided information to other agencies, who did so. Information such as girlfriend addresses, vehicles being operated, etc. was used to locate the fugitives as well as information found on the internet.
At the end of 60 days, 26 fugitives had been apprehended (see list below).
December 2010 & January 2011
1. Sean McKenzie was located by Deputy Larry Martin after finding his account on Facebook. Deputy Martin was able to find suspect's home address and work address in Texas. It was discovered that the work address was two blocks from the local police station. Deputy Martin called the police department and within 10 minutes of the call Mr. McKenzie was in custody. McKenzie was extradited back to Virginia. Charged with: Probation Violation for Embezzlement.
2. Joseph Payne was located by Deputy Larry Martin who spotted Payne as a passenger in a vehicle he passed driving in the City of Charlottesville. Deputy Martin stopped the vehicle at which time Payne fled the scene on foot. Payne was taken into custody by Deputy Martin after a two block foot chase. Charged with: Capias for Non-Support
3. Corey Harper was arrested by US Marshalls in North Carolina after being provided them with a possible address there. Charged with: Probation Violation and Credit Card Fraud
4. Robert Flint was arrested by Scottsville PD after we provided them with a description of Flint and his vehicle. Charged with: Forgery.
5. Robert Wells was arrested by US Marshalls, Charlottesville Police, Albemarle Police and Albemarle Sheriff's Deputies after they were provided information by the Sheriff's Office as to a possible description of a vehicle suspect was driving. Charged with: Capias for Non-Support
6. Octavia Daniels was arrested by US Marshalls in Texas after Deputy Wood provided them with an address there. Charged with: Fail to Appear on a Child Neglect charge.
List of Subjects taken into custody
1. Sean McKenzie
2. Faith Jenkins
3. Dyshanta Stinnie
4. Chadwick Loving
5. Joseph Payne
6. Derrick Trent
7. Sammy Febres
8. Nashona Rush
9. Robert Ward
10. Abram Bell
11. Markus Houchens
12. Devonti Pendleton
13. Robert Flint
14. Robin Goens
15. Krystall Mullins
16. James Appleton
17. Jennifer Layne
18. Nathan Thompson
19. Aaron Robinson
20. Corey Harper
21. Monique Knight
22. Johnny Martin
23. Jason Jones
24. Gwendolyn Kline
25. Robert Wells
26. Octavia Daniels
List of Subjects located in other states
1. Sean McKenzie located in Texas. Extradited (picked up by ACSO deputies and flown back to Albemarle).
2. Faith Jenkins located in West Virginia. Process of being extradited.
3. Anthony Washington located in Missouri. Will not extradite.
4. Michael Finch located in Missouri. Will not extradite.
5. John Farwell located in Florida. Serving sentence will not extradite serving 29 year active sentence.
6. John Cromartie located in North Carolina. Serving sentence will extradite once sentence in NC is finished.
7. Octavia Daniels located in Texas will extradite( ACSO will fly down and pick her up next week)
The comments sections of Newsplex.com are designed for thoughtful, intelligent conversation and debate. We want to hear from our viewers, but we only ask that you use your best judgment. E-mail is required, but will not be displayed with comment.
As a host Newsplex.com welcomes a wide spectrum of opinions. However this is a site that we host. We have a responsibility to all our readers to try to keep our comment section fair and decent. For that reason The Newsplex reserves the right to not post or to remove any comment.
If you have any ideas to improve the conversation or this section let us know. Send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
powered by Disqus