May 3, 2012
At its meeting Wednesday, the Albemarle County Board of Supervisors adopted a new vision statement and strategic plan which sets the county's priorities over the next five years.
This plan includes seven goal statements accompanied by clear objectives that respond to community priorities. The Strategic Plan is anchored by a revised vision statement: "A thriving County, anchored by a strong economy and excellent education system, that honors its rural heritage, scenic beauty and natural and historic resources while fostering attractive and vibrant communities."
The plan’s seven goals are as follows:
1. Provide excellent educational opportunities to all Albemarle County residents
2. Provide community facilities that meet existing and future needs
3. Encourage a diverse and vibrant local economy
4. Protect the County’s parks and its natural, scenic and historic resources in accordance with the County’s established growth management polices
5. Ensure the health and safety of the community
6. Promote individual responsibility and citizen ownership of community challenges
7. Promote a valued and responsive County workforce that ensures excellent customer service
To learn more about the strategic plan, click here.
The comments sections of Newsplex.com are designed for thoughtful, intelligent conversation and debate. We want to hear from our viewers, but we only ask that you use your best judgment. E-mail is required, but will not be displayed with comment.
As a host Newsplex.com welcomes a wide spectrum of opinions. However this is a site that we host. We have a responsibility to all our readers to try to keep our comment section fair and decent. For that reason The Newsplex reserves the right to not post or to remove any comment.
If you have any ideas to improve the conversation or this section let us know. Send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
powered by Disqus