Aug. 8, 2014
CHARLOTTESVILLE, Va.- It's a given that summer months are slow for the American Red Cross, but Friday morning the organization released an urgent plea for blood donors.
The organization is seeking all blood types, but O, B and A negative are especially wanted.
The Red Cross has scheduled several blood drives throughout Charlottesville and surrounding areas for the remainder of August:
- 8/19: 10:00 a.m. - 12:45 p.m.: SNL Financial, 1 SNL Plaza Charlottesville
- 8/19: 3:15 p.m. - 6:15 p.m.: Sam's Club Charlottesville, 970 Hilton Heights Road Charlottesville
- 8/20: 2:30 p.m. - 7:00 p.m.: Sons Of The American Legion Post 157, 310 Thrift Road, Madison
- 8/21: 1:30 p.m. - 6:30 p.m.: American Red Cross Charlottesville RSMO, 1105 Rose Hill Drive, Charlottesville
- 8/22: 9:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.: American Red Cross Charlottesville RSMO, 1105 Rose Hill Drive, Charlottesville
- 8/25: 10:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.: Martha Jefferson Hospital, 500 Martha Jefferson Drive, Charlottesville
- 8/27: 2:30 p.m. - 6:30 p.m.: Mamas Pizza Orange, 110 E Washington Street, Orange
- 8/28: 1:30 p.m. - 6:30 p.m.: American Red Cross Charlottesville RSMO, 1105 Rose Hill Drive, Charlottesville
- 8/29: 1:30 p.m. - 6:30 p.m.: American Red Cross Charlottesville RSMO, 1105 Rose Hill Drive, Charlottesville
To donate, you will need set up an appointment by calling 1-800-RED-CROSS (1-800-733-2767) or visit RedCrossBlood.org.
You must bring a blood donor card or driver's license and two other forms of identification when checking in at a drive.
The American Red Cross supplies about 40 percent of the nation's blood supply.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.