UPDATE: Cause of Dale Avenue Fire Released

By: Jessica Cunnington Email
By: Jessica Cunnington Email

January 29, 2013

UPDATE: Charlottesville's Fire Chief has ruled the fire was accidentally started by an extension cord under a mattress that overheated.

January 27, 2013

The Charlottesville Fire Department is investigating an apartment fire on Dale Avenue in the city.

Residents detected the fire early so fire crews were able to get on scene and contain the fire quickly. It apparently started with a mattress, but the investigation continues.

No one was hurt but at least two people have been displaced temporarily. There is minimal cost of damage.

The comments sections of Newsplex.com are designed for thoughtful, intelligent conversation and debate. We want to hear from our viewers, but we ask that you follow our rules for commenting. E-mail is required to comment on a story, but it will not be displayed with your comment. For complete rules, CLICK HERE. The Newsplex reserves the right to not post or to remove any comment.
powered by Disqus
The Charlottesville Newsplex 999 2nd Street S.E. Charlottesville, VA 22902 434.242.1919 – Main 434.220.7522 - Newsroom
Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 188606381 - newsplex.com/a?a=188606381
Gray Television, Inc.