Dec. 9, 2013
A basement fire broke out at about 10:30 a.m. on Monday at an apartment along 14th Street NW in Charlottesville.
University of Virginia students living in the apartment were evacuated and temporarily housed in a UVa. bus that was nearby.
Firefighters say an electrical malfunction caused the fire.
The comments sections of Newsplex.com are designed for thoughtful, intelligent conversation and debate. We want to hear from our viewers, but we only ask that you use your best judgment. E-mail is required, but will not be displayed with comment.
As a host Newsplex.com welcomes a wide spectrum of opinions. However this is a site that we host. We have a responsibility to all our readers to try to keep our comment section fair and decent. For that reason The Newsplex reserves the right to not post or to remove any comment.
If you have any ideas to improve the conversation or this section let us know. Send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
powered by Disqus