Charlottesville Firefighters Respond to Electrical Incident at Kroger

Oct. 29, 2013

Charlottesville firefighters have been called out to the Kroger grocery store located in the Barracks Road Shopping Center.

On Tuesday, firefighters responded to an incident where a backhoe reportedly hit a power line which caused arcing at a transformer at the rear of Kroger.

The electrical arcing caused some smoke and released unsafe levels of carbon monoxide. The building was evacuated, though there hasn't been any report of any injuries.

The comments sections of are designed for thoughtful, intelligent conversation and debate. We want to hear from our viewers, but we ask that you follow our rules for commenting. E-mail is required to comment on a story, but it will not be displayed with your comment. For complete rules, CLICK HERE. The Newsplex reserves the right to not post or to remove any comment.
powered by Disqus
The Charlottesville Newsplex 999 2nd Street S.E. Charlottesville, VA 22902 434.242.1919 – Main 434.220.7522 - Newsroom
Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 229703601 -
Gray Television, Inc.