Chimney Fire Heavily Damages Home in Albemarle County

By: News Staff Email
By: News Staff Email

February 23, 2014

A chimney fire Sunday morning in Albemarle County has forced a family from its home.

It happened just before 8 a.m. On Porter's Road, just north of Route 6.

Flames were shooting through the roof by the time fire crews responded.

No one was hurt, but the fire marshal estimates damages to be around $65,000.

The Red Cross is helping the family.


The comments sections of Newsplex.com are designed for thoughtful, intelligent conversation and debate. We want to hear from our viewers, but we ask that you follow our rules for commenting. E-mail is required to comment on a story, but it will not be displayed with your comment. For complete rules, CLICK HERE. The Newsplex reserves the right to not post or to remove any comment.
powered by Disqus
The Charlottesville Newsplex 999 2nd Street S.E. Charlottesville, VA 22902 434.242.1919 – Main 434.220.7522 - Newsroom
Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 246797491 - newsplex.com/a?a=246797491
Gray Television, Inc.