December 26, 2012
Albemarle County's annual Christmas tree recycling program is underway.
Parks and Recreation is asking that residents remove all decorations, stands and nails from their trees.
Discarded trees will be turned into mulch and offered to the public for free in February.
The program runs daily from 7:00 AM until dark until January 16th.
Here is where you can drop off your Christmas tree:
- Chris Greene Lake Park in Earlysville
- Crozet Park in Crozet
- Darden Towe Park on Elks Drive
- Greenwood Community Center in Greenwood
- Rivanna Solid Waste Authority Recycling Center on McIntire Road (Sunday hours are 12:30-5:30 PM)
- Scottsville Community Center in Scottsville
- Walnut Creek Park off Old Lynchburg Road
The comments sections of Newsplex.com are designed for thoughtful, intelligent conversation and debate. We want to hear from our viewers, but we only ask that you use your best judgment. E-mail is required, but will not be displayed with comment.
As a host Newsplex.com welcomes a wide spectrum of opinions. However this is a site that we host. We have a responsibility to all our readers to try to keep our comment section fair and decent. For that reason The Newsplex reserves the right to not post or to remove any comment.
If you have any ideas to improve the conversation or this section let us know. Send an e-mail to email@example.com.
powered by Disqus