A Charlottesville family has been temporarily relocated after a fire broke out in their home early Thursday morning.
The fire broke out at around 3:20 in a kitchen on Druid Avenue. No one was hurt, and The Red Cross is assisting the family of three.
Firefighters were able to quickly contain the flames, which were caused by a malfunction of a kitchen appliance.
"Units discovered smoke showing from the residence. Further investigation did show there was a fire in the residence," said Battalion Chief Richard Jones. "Units quickly got inside, began a primary and secondary search, established that no one was inside the residence, began attacking the fire and quickly got a kitchen fire under control."
With high temperatures and humidity outside crews were on hand to give firefighters wellness checks so they didn't overheat.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.