WCAV WVAW WAHU | Charlottesville, Virginia | News, Weather & Sports Newsplex

Fire Destroys Albemarle Co. Trailer Home


August 24, 2013

An Albemarle County family lost its trailer home early Saturday morning after a devastating fire.

The fire broke out around 3:15 a.m. Saturday on Diamond Court in the Southwood community.

A child ran to a neighbor's house to report the fire, saying his mom was inside.

One person was taken to the University of Virginia Medical Center for unknown injuries.

Crews say the fire started with a power strip in the living room. The home is considered a total loss, with damage estimates around $45,000.


The comments sections of Newsplex.com are designed for thoughtful, intelligent conversation and debate. We want to hear from our viewers, but we ask that you follow our rules for commenting. E-mail is required to comment on a story, but it will not be displayed with your comment. For complete rules, CLICK HERE. The Newsplex reserves the right to not post or to remove any comment.
powered by Disqus
The Charlottesville Newsplex 999 2nd Street S.E. Charlottesville, VA 22902 434.242.1919 – Main 434.220.7522 - Newsroom
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 220959021 - newsplex.com/a?a=220959021