Firefighters Called to McDonald's

March 15, 2013

The McDonald's on Emmet Street in Charlottesville is all clear this morning, after smoke was reported coming the building on Thursday night.

Fire officials received a 911 call just after 1:00AM, reporting smoke in the dining area and coming from the roof.

When officials arrived, they found a light haze inside the building. They say the smoke was caused by a malfunction of the heating and air unit in the roof.

Fire officials shut down the power and ventilated the building.

No one was hurt.


The comments sections of Newsplex.com are designed for thoughtful, intelligent conversation and debate. We want to hear from our viewers, but we ask that you follow our rules for commenting. E-mail is required to comment on a story, but it will not be displayed with your comment. For complete rules, CLICK HERE. The Newsplex reserves the right to not post or to remove any comment.
powered by Disqus
The Charlottesville Newsplex 999 2nd Street S.E. Charlottesville, VA 22902 434.242.1919 – Main 434.220.7522 - Newsroom
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 198453461 - newsplex.com/a?a=198453461