March 15, 2013
The McDonald's on Emmet Street in Charlottesville is all clear this morning, after smoke was reported coming the building on Thursday night.
Fire officials received a 911 call just after 1:00AM, reporting smoke in the dining area and coming from the roof.
When officials arrived, they found a light haze inside the building. They say the smoke was caused by a malfunction of the heating and air unit in the roof.
Fire officials shut down the power and ventilated the building.
No one was hurt.
The comments sections of Newsplex.com are designed for thoughtful, intelligent conversation and debate. We want to hear from our viewers, but we only ask that you use your best judgment. E-mail is required, but will not be displayed with comment.
As a host Newsplex.com welcomes a wide spectrum of opinions. However this is a site that we host. We have a responsibility to all our readers to try to keep our comment section fair and decent. For that reason The Newsplex reserves the right to not post or to remove any comment.
If you have any ideas to improve the conversation or this section let us know. Send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
powered by Disqus