Jan. 14, 2014
Governor Terry McAuliffe is announcing several proposed amendments to the state budget.
The amendments are aimed at enhancing education, public safety and encouraging action on health care.
Among the amendments, Gov. McAuliffe wants to provide more funding for some public schools, state police and for court appointed special advocates.
The governor also wants to increase revenue, and give the governor the power to expand Medicaid if the General Assembly can't agree.
"These amendments will increase investments in a number of key areas, all while increasing the amount of money we set aside for future emergencies or declines in revenue," said Gov. McAuliffe.
Below are the proposed amendments by the governor:
-Reflect State Corporation Commission general fund recovery.
- Adjust funding to account for miscalculation of school age population.
- Allow Governor to decide on Medicaid Expansion if MIRC fails to act.
- Restore portion of Culpeper savings.
- Provide funding for purchase of vehicles and maintenance of aircraft.
- Reimburse General Fund for Federal Health Benefit Exchange Activities.
- Increase revenue collections through the use of mobile applications.
- Accelerate due date for employer withholding.
- Provide appropriation to fund unemployment benefits for military spouses.
- Double funding for Jobs for Virginia Graduates initiative.
- Adjust funding for miscalculation associated with new retirement rates.
- Provide partial hold harmless funding for school divisions in FY2015.
- Fund FY 2015 partial Cost of Competing Adjustment for support positions.
- Increase Literary Fund contribution and revenue.
- Provide funding to reflect rent plan changes at the seat of government.
- Allow Governor to decide on Medicaid expansion if MIRC fails to act.
- Fund full year of assessments for Medicaid ID/DD waiver recipients.
- Plan to replace the adult and child welfare information systems.
- Provide dues to the Interstate Commission on the Potomac River Basin.
- Increase funding for court appointed special advocates.
- Clarify HB599 distribution language.
- Provides funding for STARS radio equipment.
- Increase funding for gasoline for Virginia State Police.
- Adjusts Estimated VITA Charges.
- Remove proposed savings strategies for Jamestown-Yorktown Foundation.
The comments sections of Newsplex.com are designed for thoughtful, intelligent conversation and debate. We want to hear from our viewers, but we only ask that you use your best judgment. E-mail is required, but will not be displayed with comment.
As a host Newsplex.com welcomes a wide spectrum of opinions. However this is a site that we host. We have a responsibility to all our readers to try to keep our comment section fair and decent. For that reason The Newsplex reserves the right to not post or to remove any comment.
If you have any ideas to improve the conversation or this section let us know. Send an e-mail to email@example.com.
powered by Disqus