Dec. 10, 2013
The Charlottesville Area Community Foundation (CACF) announces $277,400 in grants to 37 local nonprofits through their Community Endowment Fund.
Several grants support rural health, including the Jefferson Area Board for Aging Community Health Services Program, the Orange County Free Clinic’s nurse practitioner project, the Piedmont Regional Dental Clinic, and the Rx Partnership to provide access to free prescription medication.
Loaves and Fishes Food Pantry will support the Feeding 5,000 food distribution program, while Meals on Wheels will provide home-delivered meals within the City of Charlottesville, and a coalition of seven churches will provide food and home food-delivery to underserved and disabled residents of Greene County.
"These are vital services that non-profits are providing everyday to communities that need them so these grants really help and we want to be there for these people to ensure that the services are still there," said Anne Scott, President Charlottesville Area Community Foundation.
CACF has awarded more than $60 million in grants to local organizations since it was founded in 1967.
Below is a list of individual nonprofit agencies awarded grants:
- Adult Community Education - $5,500
- Albemarle County Public Schools (Club Yancey) - $10,000
- Alliance for Interfaith Ministries - $10,000
- American Red Cross - $4,000
- Arts Center in Orange - $5,000
- Ash Lawn Opera Festival - $5,000
- Book Baskets - $6,000
- Bridge Progressive Arts Initiative - $7,500
- Center for Nonprofit Excellence - $7,500
- Charlottesville Tomorrow - $5,000
- Children, Youth, & Family Services - $5,000
- Fluvanna County Public Schools (Families Learning Together Program) - $5,000
- Greene Adventure Project - $10,000
- Greene Alliance Church Community Efforts (GRACE) - $10,000
- Greene County Public Schools - $7,500
- International Rescue Committee - $10,000
- Jefferson Area Board for Aging - $10,000
- Literacy Volunteers of Charlottesville-Albemarle - $5,000
- Loaves and Fishes Food Pantry - $10,000
- Meals on Wheels - $10,000
- Orange County Free Clinic - $10,000
- Piedmont Court Appointed Special Advocates (CASA) - $10,000
- Piedmont Regional Dental Clinic - $10,000
- Reading Window School - $5,000
- Richmond Ballet - $10,000
- Rivanna Conservation Society - $2,500
- Rockfish Valley Community Center - $2,000
- Rockfish Wildlife Sanctuary - $2,000
- Rx Partnership - $10,000
- Stanardsville United Methodist Church - $10,000
- Susan Hope Fund - $4,000
- Tuesday Evening Concert Series - $5,000
- University of Virginia Family Medicine - $6,000
- Virginia Consort Academy - $7,900
- Virginia Discovery Museum - $10,000
- Virginia Foundation for the Humanities - $10,000
- Wintergreen Adaptive Sports - $5,000
- Worksource Enterprises - $10,000
The comments sections of Newsplex.com are designed for thoughtful, intelligent conversation and debate. We want to hear from our viewers, but we only ask that you use your best judgment. E-mail is required, but will not be displayed with comment.
As a host Newsplex.com welcomes a wide spectrum of opinions. However this is a site that we host. We have a responsibility to all our readers to try to keep our comment section fair and decent. For that reason The Newsplex reserves the right to not post or to remove any comment.
If you have any ideas to improve the conversation or this section let us know. Send an e-mail to email@example.com.
powered by Disqus