Felicia Armstrong Timeline of Incidents:
- Jan. 1-7: Firewood pile burned, causing damage to a shed beside the firewood belonging to neighbor of suspect.
- Jan. 9: Privacy fence burned belonging to another neighbor of suspect.
- Jan. 15: Storage shed completely destroyed by fire, belonging to same neighbor whose fence was damaged.
- Jan. 19: St. John Baptist Church; member discovered damage from three fires set within the preceding few days.
- Jan. 24: Suspect arrested on two counts felony arson, two counts misdemeanor arson, one count breaking and entering to commit arson. Magistrate set $10,000 secured bond, suspect was able to make bond in the days following her arrest.
- Feb. 5: Bluewater POA storage building destroyed by fire.
- Feb. 6: Suspect arrested on one count felony arson.
February 8, 2011
A 51-year-old Louisa County woman, who was arrested and later released after allegedly starting three fires at a church in Mineral, has again been arrested and charged with arson.
Felicia Armstrong appeared Louisa County court Tuesday morning where her defense attorney asked for a mental evaluation. That request was granted.
The Louisa County Sheriff's Office responded to reports of a suspicious fire Saturday night in the Bluewater subdivision near Lake Anna. Upon arrival, deputies found a storage building located beside that Property Owners' Association boat landing and beach had been destroyed by a fire.
The structure belonged to the POA and officials say it housed about 30 years of community records and bank statements.
The suspect, Armstrong, is a resident of the Bluewater subdivision. She was out on $10,000 bond after being arrested on Tuesday, Jan. 25 for allegedly starting three fires at St. John Baptist Church in January.
Evidence was found at the scene of Saturday's fire that implicated Armstrong. A law enforcement K-9 was utilized in the investigation. Armstrong was arrested and charged with one count of felony arson. She is being held without bond pending a court hearing.
Armstrong will continue to be held without bond. She is due back in court on March 8, at which point the mental evaluation results are expected to be revealed.
The comments sections of Newsplex.com are designed for thoughtful, intelligent conversation and debate. We want to hear from our viewers, but we only ask that you use your best judgment. E-mail is required, but will not be displayed with comment.
As a host Newsplex.com welcomes a wide spectrum of opinions. However this is a site that we host. We have a responsibility to all our readers to try to keep our comment section fair and decent. For that reason The Newsplex reserves the right to not post or to remove any comment.
If you have any ideas to improve the conversation or this section let us know. Send an e-mail to email@example.com.
powered by Disqus