August 10, 2012
A small mulch fire forced the evacuation an Albemarle County Holiday Inn shortly after 8:30 Friday morning.
Nearly 50 people were forced from the hotel on 5th Street Extended while firefighters worked to contain the small fire outside.
Guests were allowed back inside the hotel after about 15 minutes. Nobody was hurt.
It's unclear what sparked the fire.
The comments sections of Newsplex.com are designed for thoughtful, intelligent conversation and debate. We want to hear from our viewers, but we only ask that you use your best judgment. E-mail is required, but will not be displayed with comment.
As a host Newsplex.com welcomes a wide spectrum of opinions. However this is a site that we host. We have a responsibility to all our readers to try to keep our comment section fair and decent. For that reason The Newsplex reserves the right to not post or to remove any comment.
If you have any ideas to improve the conversation or this section let us know. Send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
powered by Disqus