Courtesy: ABC News
January 13, 2013
NEWTOWN, Conn. (AP) - Newtown residents have turned their attention to the fate of an elementary school where a gunman killed 20 first-graders and six educators last month.
About 200 people attended a public meeting Sunday on what to do with Sandy Hook Elementary School. Opinions were mixed on whether the school should be torn down.
Audrey Bart has two children who were at the school on the day of the shootings but weren't hurt. She says children shouldn't lose the school they love.
But Stephanie Carson says she wouldn't want her son to ever go back into the building.
Officials are holding another meeting Friday and hope to make a decision about the school's future by the spring.
Sandy Hook students and staff have relocated to another school in a neighboring town.