WCAV WVAW WAHU | Charlottesville, Virginia | News, Weather & Sports Newsplex

Officials: Hibachi Grill Fire Started with Grease on a Stove


May 27, 2014

On Tuesday, investigators confirmed that the fire at the Hibachi Grill on Friday, May 23, started with kitchen grease on a stove.

Flames went up into the ventilation system, and then spread to the roof from there.

The restaurant is still closed while repairs are being made. So far there's no word on how long that will take.


The comments sections of Newsplex.com are designed for thoughtful, intelligent conversation and debate. We want to hear from our viewers, but we ask that you follow our rules for commenting. E-mail is required to comment on a story, but it will not be displayed with your comment. For complete rules, CLICK HERE. The Newsplex reserves the right to not post or to remove any comment.
powered by Disqus
The Charlottesville Newsplex 999 2nd Street S.E. Charlottesville, VA 22902 434.242.1919 – Main 434.220.7522 - Newsroom
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 260836871 - newsplex.com/a?a=260836871